Take part in our fun-filled scavenger hunt to raise awareness of the Leatherback Sea Turtles that forage off of our coast … and have fun of course!
Pacific Leatherback Day Scavenger Hunt!
1) Find a storm drain near you that leads to the ocean.
2) Go to a beach that falls along the Pacific Ocean and take a photo.
3) Make a sand angel.
4) Pick up 3 pieces of marine debris (big or small they all matter!) and take a photo.
5) Build a Sea Turtle Sand Castle and take a photo.
6) Introduce yourself to two new people and tell them about the Leatherbacks that forage off of the California Coast.
7) Email your photos to Turtle Island at firstname.lastname@example.org or share them with us on social media!
8) Do a turtle dance! (Extra credit if you post a video to the Turtle Island Restoration Network Facebook page)